Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August MyGlam Bag!

I've been subscribed to MyGlam from its' very start, and now that I have a blog I will be making monthly posts about each bag. For those of you who do not know what MyGlam is, it's basically a beauty subscription service where every month you receive a makeup bag filled with about 5 (sometimes more or less) beauty related samples or full sized products to test out. The bag is only ten dollars a month. So without further adieu, here's August!


Here is an overall view of the bag:
Now here's the products!:
(please excuse the beat up looking window sill they're on, it's the best lighting I could find :P )

1. Eclos Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream
Sample Size: .25 Fl 0z
Full Size: 2.0 Fl 0z
This anti-aging cream claims to tighten sagging skin and postponed wrinkles by revitalizing your own skins stem cells. It's unlikely that I'll see any results from this product seeing as I'm only 18, so I'm no where near getting wrinkles! But it's always nice to start early and try products like these out :)

2. Eclos Cellular Activator Facial Serum
Sample Size: 0.5 Fl 0z
Full Size: 1.7 Fl 0z
Another anti-aging product from Eclos. This serum is meant to give you a more youthful complexion by visibly reducing wrinkles and other signs of aging. 
 
3. Demeter Roll on Perfume Oil
Full size: 0.29 Fl 0z
(There are multiple sizes for this product, the bag included the full size for the roll on)
This was one of MyGlams "or" products. You either received the clean skin scent (like I did) or a dragon fruit scent. I was hoping I would get the dragon fruit scent, as I'm not one for this kind, but the clean skin is very nice. I'm not that great with describing scents, but I can say that this one has somewhat of a baby powder smell. It's not my cup of tea, but it's not terrible.

4. S.A.L.T.Y. Cosmetics Glama-ZOID Eye Shadow

Sample Size: 1gram
Large Size: 2.5 grams
Small Size: 1.25 grams
This mineral eyeshadow was created as a exclusive MyGlam shade! I really like this eyeshadow. At first glance it looks just like your typical white or subtle light pick shadow, but a closer look reveals that it actually has a hot pink duo-chrome effect! It reminds me a lot of the Naked Cosmetics stacked pigments. It can definitely see myself using this as an inner corner or brow brown highlight!

5. Circus by Andreas Choice Nailcolor
If you are subscribed to MyGlam and received last months bag, this should be your second Circus nail polish! This brand was created my AndreasChoice, here's a link to her Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/AndreasChoice . This time we had the option of either a bright neon orange polish named Spectacle (which you see above) or a neon hot pink named Ringmaster. My camera definitly doesn't do this polish justice, it had a hard time picking up the color. In person this nail polish is insanely bright orange, i love it! This line of nail polish is not available to purchase at the moment, the only way to receive one is to be subscribed to MyGlam. They will however be available in the fall, so it wont be long now! If you would like to read more about the company or see other colors, here's the website:  http://www.circusbyandrea.com/

6. MyGlam exclusive Glam Gloss

 There was an extra 6th item in this months bag! An exclusive MyGlam Glam Gloss. There is no information about this gloss on the MyGlam website so I have no idea if it's full size (I'm assuming it is) or if there are other colors. The color I received was in 01. It's a light bubble gum pink and it actually smells like bubble gum! The pigmentation is great so it could definitely be worn alone.


That's it for this months bag! Overall I really liked this month. My favorite item is definitely the nail polish. It's so bright, I love it! If you're interested in subscribing to MyGlam I'll have the website linked below, although I'm not sure if they are taking new subscribers at the moment. Also, if you use a beauty subscription service leave the name in the comments below! I'd love to see what other ones are out there. I may be subscribing to Birchbox next!

MyGlam website: http://myglam.com/

2 comments:

  1. Looks good :) i had never heard of this bag before
    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.co.uk/
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a lovely collection of samples!

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete